Mother’s Day Photo Contest!!!!
Its not that I really LIKE having my picture taken….surprisingly I don’t…which is probably why I rarely ever ASK anyone to include me. When I sift back through my memories, however, I am a bit troubled by the fact that SOMEDAY, when it may be important to them, my children will not see me in any of these pictures. There will be but only a few pictures of me throughout there lifetimes. Why is that, I wonder?
I know the simple answer. Its because I am the one always taking the pictures. At first, I was convinced that this was because I am a photographer, and that I have a rather expensive camera that no one in my family feels comfortable touching. As I talk to more of my friends (also moms, I must add)…it seems that this is common in most households. Millions of pictures of the kids. Lots of pictures of Dad and the grandparents, several of aunts and uncles at family holiday get togethers, and one or two of Mom. Period. If you are lucky. Most of the time, only if you asked.
In honor of Mother’s Day, I would like to offer the local moms of Erie PA the opportunity to change that.
I am offering a Mother’s Day Photo Contest. Check out the rules below. But its simple: have a friend, your spouse, or a family member grab your camera or cell phone and take a snapshot of you (mom) with your kids. It can be silly, it can be sweet, it can be anything you want it to be. Email that to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday…and you will be entered into the contest. How do you win? With votes (see below). The winning prize??? A free session with me on Presque Isle in June. But the beauty of it? Even if you don’t win, you have a picture of you and your kids. It captured you and them at this exact moment in time. They will have that picture to remember you and them, and where you were at this moment in time, and they will have it (hopefully) forever.
Looking forward to receiving your submission! All submissions will be posted here for voting beginning on May 1st.
Christine Erin Photography – 2012 Mother’s Day Photo Contest – Rules and Details
1. You will need to submit a photo of yourself with your children to be entered in the contest. Please submit with the tag line you would like used to represent your photo. (ex: Susan, Mary, and Margaret…etc)
2. The photo you enter in the contest must be taken by yourself or a family member… And you must have permission to use the photo. (no copyrighted or professional photos, please).
3. You can not currently owe Christine Erin Photography for any past sessions due.
4. Email photo to : email@example.com. Photos will be collected from now through April 30 (only 2 days!!!) . Photos will be posted on Christine Erin Photography’s BLOG (https://christineerin.wordpress.com/) on May 1st. Voting will begin May 1st and run through May 12. Winner will be announced on Mother ‘s Day (Sunday May 13th).
5. You can vote for your photo once per day, each day, from May 1st through May 12. Tell your friends, post to Facebook, tweet it…..the person with the most votes wins the contest. It’s that simple!!! So rally your team and have everyone vote once a day if they can for these 12 days. I will post a direct link to the page for voting on May 1st.
Grand Prize Winner: FREE session with Christine Erin Photography in June on location at Presque Isle.
BONUS!!!!! If we get 20+ photo entries, I will offer a MINI session day in June to ALL participants of the photo contest for $50.00 per session, and each family gets a free 5×7 print of their favorite “pose”from their session with me. So spread the news…tell everyone about the contest!!! Then you can either win your FREE regular session, or get a $50.00 mini session with Christine Erin Photography!
HAVE A WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY! YOU DESERVE IT!
Posted on April 28, 2012, in Erie PA photographer, family photographer, PA, Photo Contest, photography, Uncategorized and tagged beach photography, Child photographer, child photography, Erie, Erie PA Photo Contest, Erie PA photographer, family photographer, Family photography, Mother Daughter Photo, Mother's Day, Mother's Day Photo Contest, PA photographer, Photo Contest, photography, portraits. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.